What is LinkedIn?
LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network, headquartered in Mountain View, California, founded in 2002. As a social network it is the greatest place for people who want to connect, learn, and share with others in a professional way.
The use and importance of LinkedIn
LinkedIn is a powerful professional networking site that helps people in a variety of ways:
- Companies are increasingly using LinkedIn to screen and hire potential employees. Having a LinkedIn account can help you stand out from the crowd when looking for a new job
- You can also join groups dedicated to specific businesses, sectors, or jobs.
- Groups can keep you informed about recent developments in your field and connect you with others who share your interests.
In this case, We will summarize briefly why it is important to have a Linkedin profile and steps on how to get started on this platform:
- Connect with other people,
- Know about Job Postings,
- Appear in the Recruiter’s Search,
- Get limited but correct Information,
- Know more about professionals.
Here are a few steps to get started on LinkedIn:
- Create your profile
- Build your network
- Find a job
- Participate in conversations
- Post content
You can use LinkedIn for free with limited features, and if you upgrade your account to the premium you will have so many advantages. The prices are:
- LinkedIn Premium Career: $29.99 a month-The price for double individual professionals looking to get hired and advance their careers.
- Linkedin Premium Business: $59.99 a month-For businesses that are looking to grow and build a network.
- LinkedIn Premium Sales: $79.99 month-For professionals and businesses looking for targeted leads.
- LinkedIn Premium Hiring: $119.99 month-For professionals and businesses looking to recruit and hire employees.
LinkedIn Profile Optimization
When you optimize your content for users, you increase conversion rates and boost your rankings in search results, both of which are critical to business success.
Follow the below steps and give your professional social profile a makeover!
1. Choose a strong profile picture
Your LinkedIn profile photo should be at least 400 by 400 pixels for the greatest image quality and fit to have a higher Google ranking.
2. Utilize the background photo
This may also be referenced as your profile’s banner image or wallpaper. Ensure the image is 1584 px wide by 396 high px (4:1 proportion) for best quality.
3. Have a unique profile headline
It’s important to use the 220 character space to include relevant keywords and descriptives of your expertise.
For example, The second one flows much better, and it’s more interesting.
- Leader At EveryoneSocial | Social Seller
- Empowering Sales Leaders With Social Selling | VP of Sales at EveryoneSocial
4. “About” section
One LinkedIn profile optimization tip you should focus on is your summary. This is a great place to tell your story in 2,000 characters or less. Utilize keywords and update as often as you need to ensure relevance and accuracy.
5. Fill out your work experience
Be sure to add all of your work experience.
6. Show off your education and skills
If you finished your bachelor’s degree, be sure to add it to your profile and other degrees.
7. Edit your profile URL
Go to your profile and in the upper right corner, you’ll see “Edit public profile & URL.” Once the page refreshes, you’ll stay in the upper right corner, and then you can change the URL to something cleaner beyond a bunch of numbers and letters.
8. Create your profile in another language
If you are multilingual and like to connect with people that speak other languages, this could be a cool feature to enable.
9. Start writing, sharing, & engaging
The best way to connect with others is by creating content and sharing it.
LinkedIn provides job seekers with access to over 30 million companies and their employees, all from home comfort. When companies post positions online, LinkedIn algorithms match them to the perfect candidate. This is why we should have a LinkedIn account.